The IBPA Benjamin Franklin Digital Award Submission Cycle is Currently Closed
Thank you for your interest in the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Digital Awards. IBPA is not taking digital award submissions at this time as we look to revise the program. Please stay tuned and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In the meantime, submissions for the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards™ print book program ARE being accepted. You’ll find more information at ibpabenjaminfranklinawards.com.
Is your digital content best in class?
The Benjamin Franklin Digital Awards honors innovation in electronic book publishing by individuals and organizations of all sizes, including publishers, software developers, designers, manufacturers, institutions, and technology leaders. The definition of “book” continues to expand, and the Independent Book Publishers Association wishes to honor and encourage the field’s innovators with a unique awards program.
As a rolling awards program, submissions are accepted year-round. Entries are judged against a standard of excellence in four categories:
- eBook - Honoring the best in E-book format (e-Pub and/or Mobi/Kindle), exhibiting excellence in both editorial and design.
- Enhanced eBook - Honoring the best presentation of book-length materials in an enhanced e-book format. Entries should take advantage of the unique capabilities of these emerging platforms to enhance and serve both content and presentation.
- Book as App - Honoring the best presentation of book-length materials in an App format (iOS and/or Android). The application should take advantage of the unique technology capabilities of the platform to enhance and serve both content and presentation. Design, editorial, and technical execution will carry equal weight. Entries can be original Apps, or adaptations of a print book.
- New Technology/Software - Honoring outstanding software-based contributions to the art and craft of E-book publishing. New e-publishing platforms, revisions and upgrades to existing platforms and tools for the innovative production of E-books will all be considered.
The Benjamin Franklin Digital Awards provides both Silver and Gold Honoree awards for exceptional content, design, and use of technology. All entrants benefit from direct, constructive feedback from judges, a hallmark of the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Award™ program, now in its 30th year. The average time from submission to receiving feedback is approximately eight weeks.
Winners of the Benjamin Franklin Digital Award receive the following benefits:
- Listing on the Benjamin Franklin Digital Awards and the Independent Book Publishers Association website
- PR promotion through Twitter, Facebook, a quarterly press release, and IBPA’s Independent Publishing Now! e-newsletter
- Inclusion in a quarterly announcement ad to run in IBPA Independent magazine, IBPA’s official print publication with a circulation of 5,200
- Promotion at national and international trade shows, including BookExpo, American Library Association Annual Conference, and the Frankfurt Book Fair
- Recognition during the annual IBPA Publishing University conference
- Official Benjamin Franklin Digital Award winner certificate to frame and display
- License to use the official Benjamin Franklin Digital Award winner logo to promote your win
What is the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA)?
The Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA) is a not-for-profit membership association serving and leading the independent publishing community through advocacy, education, and tools for success. With nearly 3,000 members, IBPA is the largest publishing trade association in the U.S.
At IBPA, professionalism matters. We believe, as a community of professionals, that the production of content of lasting financial and/or cultural value is just as important as securing open markets for this content.
As part of the independent publishing community, IBPA members pledge . . .
- To uphold the highest standards of our industry, to create works of lasting financial and/or cultural value, and to pursue editorial, design, and production excellence.
- To respect the rights of authors and other creators and stakeholders, to observe all copyright laws and conventions, and to never knowingly publish plagiarized work.
- To reward authors and contributors for their work, to be honest in our financial dealings, to write contracts in understandable language, to resolve all disputes promptly and fairly, and to foster equal opportunity in our workplaces.
- To not mislead readers or buyers with false promises, inflated sales data, or manipulated reviews.
- To recycle and reuse and to follow green practices.